Thursday, 14 October 2010

And so it begins...

The first post is always the hardest. A mind pickle, over whether to begin as you mean to go on or actually talk about yourself. Personally, I find it quite hard to summarise who I am. I guess it’s because at this junction of my life, I don’t know who I am. Metaphorically speaking that is, I am fully aware of my name! In a nutshell; my name is Samantha Mackenzie, I’m 18, my home was Middlesbrough but I have just began my first year at Greenwich University, I’m studying Journalism and Public Relations, I have a Mum, a Dad, a boyfriend, a dog, a rabbit and a fish called Russell. Up until about a week ago, I found myself hating almost every moment and was desperately homesick. Now it’s the best thing that ever happened to me! That wasn’t too painful. Ish. I adore fashion, charity work, reading and tigers. Big love for tigers! I have many secret passions none of which I will share quite yet… though I imagine they won’t stay secret!
            The reason I am writing this blog is for a few reasons. I like to write, share my interests (just talking basically!!) and I knew it would benefit my future career choices given my chosen area of study! My aim is to keep a weekly update about something that strikes me at the beginning of the week and after researching it discuss it here. That is the main reason why I am not starting as I mean to go on. I didn’t expect myself to start blogging again until around Christmas so to be here on a Thursday night I feel a bit under prepared. All I feel I’ve thought about this week is ‘why do I never have any pockets?’ which is unbelievably true and very frustrating. You try wee-ing with your I-pod under your chin in a desperate bid not to drop it! Not quite what I was aiming for!
            My final note is regarding something I read in this months ELLE magazine. In the magazine was an interview with my ‘soon to be he just doesn’t know it yet’ husband, Jared Leto. When asked about how his band, 30 Seconds to Mars, stopped themselves from appearing as how they actually where as people, he stated the most wonderful thing I have heard in a while; ‘It’s the acting. You’re not defined. We are all our own authors’. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment